Monday, May 11, 2009

Reaching The Promised Land

I decided to read and study the Bible from beginning to end. I started in January and it's May and I'm only in Deuteronomy 9. I feel like I should be further along. But I decided to study and take my time. I've enjoyed the discussions with dad on the scriptures I'm reading. He is a walking Bible and has such knowledge from his years of studying. I find that these beginning chapters, are repetitious and I could let it get boring, but I stop to think, why are these being repeated? I think it is because of the different generations that have come and gone, and Moses continually reminds them of God greatness and how far the Israelites have come since they left Egypt. They are now getting ready to cross over the Jordan river into the Promised Land, but only the faithful will make it...I want the Lord to find me faithful where I can reach the promised land!

No comments:

Post a Comment