Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blessed Assurance


Today hasn't been a good day, physically for me. So I've been sitting at the computer listening to Holiness music.com and I'm so glad I found this website. Music keeps my mind off of the aches and pains. But the song Blessed Assurance started playing and how encouraging! I'm glad we can have that blessed assurance from the Lord all day long. Not just for a minute or an hour, but continuously. Even on day's like this I can still have the assurance of the joy in my heart. I think about many who might be going through the same as me and how they are reacting and how depressing they could be, but with God, I'm able to redirect my thoughts on praise for Jesus, instead of "pity me" thoughts. :)

I've come to Deut. 30 where Moses is sharing God's song to the Israelites. I truly don't want to be as hard headed as they were. I do want to make it to Jordan! But this made me think, no matter the time difference, there is much to catch our attention and stray from Christ if we let it. Just like the Israelites did even in their time. Help me Lord to keep my eyes and heart fixed on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment